[Cadets] Online Training for Ground Team Qualifications

Linda Zimmerman zimmermanll at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 15:19:05 CDT 2017

Good afternoon,
We had several great questions about the online training tasks during our GT training session last evening. Thank you!

Here is what I would suggest to you -
There are several online trainings that you can complete on your own that will help you in completing your Ground Team Member 3 (GTM3) qualification. Most include reviewing a video, Regulation, etc. and successfully passing an online quiz/test. All of these are open book tests!

They are:
ICUT (Introductory Communications User Training) - there are several modules to complete online PLUS a hands-on portion with Major Mandel, after the modules are completed.

CAPT 116 (known as GES -- General Emergency Services) - you will be reviewing a couple of Regulations for this course and taking a quiz.

***To access ICUT and CAPT 116 (GES), login into eServices and select "Learning Management System" in the left column menu. Scroll to the course you want to complete and follow directions.

NEXT -- FEMA Courses - IS-100, IS-200, IS-700 and IS-800 are all online.

***To access these courses, google the course number and select the one that is > training.fema.gov <

Click on Download Classroom Materials. Review the materials (the "visuals" are Powerpoints and are easiest to follow). I always print the test and complete it as I read through the slides. Then you can take the test with the answers in hand. Again, it is open book.

When you go in to take the test, you will need to create a Student ID (SID) number. Write this number down as you will need it for future FEMA courses.

***For the FEMA Courses -- once you successfully pass a test, you will receive an email (check your SPAM) from "Independent Study" that will have a link to your certificate. Print and save a copy of your certificate for your personal files ----- AND -----

FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ME at >  zimmermanLL at yahoo.com  < so that I can enter it into eServices for you. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT as these certificates do not automatically populate into eServices. That is needed for you to get credit for the course.

If you have questions, please feel free to email me.
Good luck with your training!

Major Zimmerman, CAP
La Crosse Composite Squadron