[Cadets] Cadet Update

Richard Merz rmerz3 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 10:04:04 CDT 2015

Everyone,

First off, congratulations to our two newest Cadet Staff Sergeants (C/SSgt)
and recipients of the Wright Brothers Milestone Award; C/SSgt Megan Zittlow
and C/SSgt Seth Tiedeman!  They will be presented their Wright Brothers
Award in the near future.

*Reminder - FTX*

This weekend is our summer Field Training Exercise (FTX).  We will be
starting at HQ at 0900.  After our initial sign-ins, briefings, and
beginning tasks, we will be heading out to the Wilbur Farm (N1307 King Hill
Road, Chaseburg, WI).  We will return Sunday at 1400 to HQ.  NOTE:  there
will not be a normal squadron meeting.

The cost is $10.00   This will cover various expenses including Saturday
dinner and Sunday breakfast.  You will have to bring a sack lunch for
Saturday lunch (brown bag, etc).

We will have two large military tents and cots for sleeping.  We will also
have plenty of indoor sleeping space in the event of bad weather.

*Packing List:*
BDUs (two sets if you have them)
Sleeping Bag / Pillow
Hygiene Items (tooth brush, deodorant, etc)
Personal Items
ES Gear (24 hour pack or whatever you have)
Poncho (or garbage bag)
Civilian Clothes (for after hours) [OPTIONAL]
Snacks [OPTIONAL]
Camping Tent (if you have one)

*You must bring the attached permission slip*.    I have also attached the
Ops Plan for additional information.

If you have any questions, please call me at 608-792-0820.

RICHARD N. MERZ III, Capt, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets