Don’t miss it! The Biennial Oshkosh Aviation Weekend is back this year and it’s going to be as good as ever!
- What: Oshkosh Aviation Weekend
- When: 08 August 14 (Friday) at noon to 10 August 14 (Sunday) at noon.
- Where: CAP National Education and Training Center (Wittman Regional Airport, Oshkosh, WI)
- Transportation: Depart from Squadron HQ at 0800 hours (La Crosse personnel) on Friday, 08 AUG. All other personnel meet at the EAA Airventure Museum no later than 1200 hours on 08 AUG. We will return on Sunday, 10 AUG at approximately 1600 hours (La Crosse personnel). Other squadrons may bring their CAP Van or a POV. See instructions for other transportation.
Register: Register online here.
Payment: pay online here OR mail a check.
Check amount: $35.00
Made Out To: La Crosse Civil Air Patrol
Mail To: Richard Merz, 3323 29th St S, La Crosse, WI 54601
Permission Slip: Scan and email OR mail Permission Slip (see below)
Scan and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail to: Richard Merz, 3323 29th St S, La Crosse, WI 54601
The weekend will be full of aerospace adventures and fun! Currently planned activities include:
- Tour of Basler Turbo Conversion’s DC-3 modification plant
- Tour of the Oshkosh air traffic control facility
- Orientation flights
- A chance to visit the EAA AirVenture museum
- A chance to go on Young Eagle flights (subject to parent authorization)
- Hands on aerospace fun and experiments
- – Instructions, Directions, and Packing List
- – Letter to Parents
- – Permission Slip
- – Activity Flyer
- – If cadets wish to take a Young Eagles flight at the museum they must bring this form completely filled out. The flight will last approximately 20 minutes. Young Eagle flights are flown by EAA member pilots and are not affiliated with Civil Air Patrol and do not operate in CAP aircraft.